marquee

Thank You for visiting!

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Angle Shootin



I just returned from another successful trip of $2/$4 limit, but something bothered me and I’m not really sure why. When I play poker I try and do a lot of things to induce a call or bet from other players. Strangely, off hand I can’t think of anything I really do to induce a fold. Maybe if I bluff I might try and looked relaxed, but that’s about it. On a hand from this trip a players was betting all the way to the river and an older gentleman was calling. Once the 5 cards were out, the aggressor holds up his two cards so only he can see them and says, “I only have two pair”. The older guy didn’t hear him and shows bottom two pair. The aggressor mucks has cards. To me this is borderline cheating. 

I looked up Angle Shooting and this is what I found:
A poker player who uses various underhanded, unfair methods to take advantage of inexperienced opponents. The difference between an angle shooter and a cheat is only a matter of degree. What a cheat or thief does is patently against the rules; what an angle shooter does may be marginally legal, but it's neither ethical nor gentlemanly. Nor is it in the spirit of the game. Unfortunately, poker is not a gentleman's game

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to comment!