marquee

Thank You for visiting!

Friday, January 16, 2015

If I were you, I’d fold



You’re in a hand, heads up with a player that just bet the river and you have a tough call. The player then says, “If I were you, I’d fold”. Believe him and fold. I’m not sure why they do this. I suspect it’s the same as declaring your opponents 4 foot putt good. They hope for the same courtesy. If you do call, they will show the nuts and say I told you.  But, In fact, when people talk, it’s usually to get you to call.
Here is a list of some of my favorite lines. These are issued by regulars and tourist alike. 

Oh, just two of us, I bet!

How much can I bet/raise? 

I don’t think you have it so I bet (Have what, nobody said anything).

Its only $4 more!

Bet or raise way out of turn. They can’t control their excitement. Funny, you will often see the opposite when someone has a bad hand.  They may fold out of turn wanting to get rid of it as soon as possible. 

When I have a hand, I might say, I’ll try $4 or I’ll gamble $4. So, if you’re in hand against me and say that, If I were you, I’d fold!  

Any others?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to comment!