marquee

Thank You for visiting!

Monday, January 19, 2015

Leaning the Hard Way




When I first started, I always played in Vegas. This time I was at Boulder Station. Up to now, most of my education was from books. In the following hand I limped in with A3h. I don’t remember how many players were involved but it was a lot. 

Flop.
Jh 7h 2d

One player bets and everyone called. 
Turn.
6d

Same player bets and most call.

River.
2h

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!! I just rivered the Fing nut flush!!!
I check and as expected the original bet’er bets again. Hell yeah, I raise his ass and he rerasies.  I look down and scan the table in front of me for a place to put all my new found chips. I rerasie him and he fires back. Huh? Now I’m a little suspicious. I recheck my cards and yup, I have the ace. I check the board and see the three hearts. WTF? I look over the board again and try and piece together what he might have. Then I see it. I swear a light bulb went off above my head, because I look over at the guy and he just smiles back at me. I call and the SOB turns over a pair of 7’s for the full house. 
I think most know when you’re drawing to a flush, you have 9 outs. But that’s to the flush, not the nuts. If 2 of those 9 outs pair the board, you always have to be aware of a full house. I learned the the Hard Way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to comment!